- Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. (Pascagoula and Gulfport)
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. (Stennis Space Center)
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. (Meridian)
- Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems (Ocean Springs)
- Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (Moss Point)
- Raytheon Technical Services (Stennis Space Center)
- Rolls-Royce (Pascagoula and Stennis Space Center)
- SAIC (Long Beach and Stennis Space Center)
- SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica Company (Kiln)
- United Technologies/Pratt & Whitney-Rocketdyne Propulsion (Stennis Space Center)
With all branches of the military covered, the Mississippi Gulf Coast is home to Keesler Air Force Base, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Air and Army National Guards and U.S. Coast Guard Station Gulfport (Harrison County).
- Keesler AFB is the “Electronic Training Center of Excellence” for the World including cyberspace. It is home to a major AF medical center, airlift and weather recon operations.
- The Navy is the largest tenant at Stennis Space Center and plays crucial roles in oceanography, as well as special warfare. It operates one of the world’s most powerful supercomputers.
- Military personnel are pillars of the economy.
- Military retirees remain & provide high-tech jobs.
- Military base assets are strong.
- Retention of highly skilled military retirees who can play a key role in the transformation to a high-tech, knowledge-based economy.
- Intersection of technology and defense from every angle – air, ground, sea, space, cyber
- Bridging the strong military presence in the region with the private sector
- Strengthens the connection to Department of Defense
- Excellent transportation access, including road, rail, air and sea and an ideal location
- Coordinate with Washington delegation for an expanded lobbying effort
- Defense Industry (private companies/organizations that sell goods to or perform a service for the U.S. military are available)
- Active South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center to enhance national defense and economic development in obtaining federal, state, local government and commercial contracts
- Presence in the area of at least 4 of the top 13 defense contractors
- Approximately 700 defense contractors in the area & approximately 600 defense contracts awarded in 2011